It's Joann's birthday today and if she had her wish of wishes, she'd be able to take her little boy home. However, it doesn't look like that wish will come true...yet. The biopsy results won't be back and analyzed until tomorrow...UGH. This means we still really have no answers as to what Tag's "mass" is or what they will want to do to treat it.
Speaking of Joann's birthday, the nurses got wind that it was her birthday today, so when we arrived they had made a little sign (with Tag's help) (see picture below)
Joann started crying when she saw it, and cried even more when she found out those hand and foot prints were actually from Tag. Good job nurses! Speaking of Joann, she is still exhausted and remains concerned about baby Tag. However, she's her typical positive, upbeat self and we simply love our little man. If anyone happens to read this post today, feel free to comment with your birthday wishes to Joann. I'm sure it will make a BIG impact on her heart.
As for Tag, the good doctors are pretty sure it's a congenital hemangioma, but because of it's unique size, shape and placement, they are being very thorough and deliberate in their analysis. More than likely they will put him on a treatment of steroids and beta blockers over the next few months which will decrease the blood flow to the mass while at the same time allow him to grow. As to when he gets to go home, it depends on him gaining a little weight (I see no problem there, as he is nursing like a wild man since the biopsy). So, depending on the biopsy results, he may get to go home real soon.
PS. Let me answer an inquiry that many of you have had that maybe the mass is the remains of a twin that didn't happen or something like that. According to the doctors this is easy to test for and there is no indication that the mass is related to anything like that.
Happy Birthday, Jo!

Happy birthday Jo! We love you both!! Have a great day with that new little man in your life!!!
ReplyDeleteJoann,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday !!!!!!!
Hope everyone is well.
I saw the pictures of Tag on this site.
What a handsome lad.
Please know that there are folks in Texas sending their prayers and well wishes to you and Mitch and little man Tag.
And also please know that you are all loved.
God Bless
Leonard Garcia
Thanks for the update and give Jo and big hug for her birthday. She should be proud of such a handsome boy that must look more like her than her dad (thank goodness!) She probably can't eat anything too good because of her nursing, but take her home her favorite healthy food with a candle in it. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to my hero, Joann, who went through so much to get this little guy here and has so much love in her heart. Thank you for being such a special daughter-in-law, wife, and mother.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Brinton
Happy Birthday Joann!! I hope you have a great day despite tiredness, worry and stress!!! You are amazing and we love you to death. By the way Proud Papa Mitch, what did/does little Tag weigh, how long is he, etc. I never heard...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Joann! What an amazing lady, you are! I hope you can get some rest today, and take that cute little guy home soon. Tag is precious. Love to you, Mitch, and SuperTagman!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Joann! Your little guy is such a cutie. I love this blog and reading it. Mitch is the best. Hope you have a wonderful day with many miracles. I cried when I saw the feet and hand prints. My kids think he is so cute. The best part is pay back Mitch. Now I can have all five of my kids wind up Tag then leave and you guys can get him to sleep. Best of Luck you are in our thoughts and prayers. All three of you.
ReplyDeleteHapy birthday Joann! My name is Dustin Cameron, I work with Mitch. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Tag and the Fam.
ReplyDeleteP.S. What is Tag going to be next year for halloween? :)
Happy Birthday JoAnn! That was such a cute card from the nurses. I am so glad they made that for you on your special day! I hope you are doing okay. Jordan and I are definitely praying for you, Mitch, and Tag. He is such a cute little baby. He looks absolutely precious. I bet y'all wish you could be with him every second. We are so glad to hear that he is healthy and eating good. Congrats and we love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Babe! We are praying for all of you - especially the doctors - so they will be able to know what's best for your angel.
ReplyDeleteWe love you and wish we could be there.
Laura and Paul Brinton
Happy Birthday Joann! Wishing you a happy day and lots of rest! Know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers and hoping Tag can come home real soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dan, Lita & Morgan
Happy Birthday Jojo!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you, Mitch and baby Tag home. Prayers and blessings. You're truly amazing. Looks like you are all in the best hands, what wonderful nurses!
Love,
Ingrid
Jo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I can't wait to see you and your beautiful Tag. You are truly incredible!! May all your prayers and dreams come true!!!
Love Ya,
Michelle
Just got home and went right to the blog to see what is happening to your little family. Sooooo, Happy Birthday!! Bet you won't forget this one!! He is a beautiful baby! Can't wait for you to take him home and get life back to normal!! What's that, huh???
ReplyDeleteLove, Uncle Ralph and Aunt Bonnie
Happy birthday, Joann. What a gift, a beautiful baby boy! He is adorable. Enjoy your birthday. Love Nile and Karen
ReplyDelete