Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Night Song

I found Joann a VIP sleeping chamber here in the hospital and the nursing staff hooked her up for a birthday nap.  While she was sleeping, I was sitting with Tag and holding him this afternoon.  He had just eaten and was a little fussy and so I came up with a silly song that put him right to sleep.  I wanted to write down the words before I forgot it.  Enjoy.

Oooooooooooh,
When I grow up, I want to have fun,
I want a glass of milk to chase my sticky bun.
When I grow up, I hope I get tall,
I want to place spin on every tennis ball.
When I grow up, I want to run & hide
I want to go head first down a slippery slide.
When I grow up, for the Utes I will cheer and
All the Cougar fans will think that I throw beer.
Chorus
Life is fun when I'm with my Dad,
He dreams up games & he makes me glad
We sneak and crawl and pillow fight
It's always hard to saaaaay, Goooood, Night.
Good night.

5 comments:

  1. that is so cute. please tell joann happy birthday from kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't with you at the BYU/Utah game last week, I might have something to say about that :)
    Awesome song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA! I love it!!! I seriously look forward to reading this blog every day. Great stuff Mitch. Tag is lucky to have such a great Mom and Dad! P.S. Ute fans DO throw beer!....let's see how long it takes for all the Ute fans to respond to that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my I am so SORRY that I missed Joann's birthday - we will make it up to you - I love the song - wow mitch now you can think about another career "a song writer" thanks for doing the blog - it is nice to be there with you in thought and prayer!!!

    we love you!!

    jeni and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song...Will you sing it to me? Happy Birthday Jo!!!

    ReplyDelete