Okay, we got an update from the biopsy results. Turns out Tag's "mass" is not a hemangioma at all. It's a "Spindle Cell Tumor" that falls into one of three categories.
1) Myofibroma
2) Infantile Fribroma
3) Sarcoma
The first two are mostly always benign and regress on their own. If it is a Sarcoma, it is more than likely malignant and he will have to have immediate surgery. There is a world-renowned pathologist flying into town on Monday to review the biopsy results. She may want another biopsy performed at that time to get a look from another portion of the mass.
So this means we are here until at least Tuesday and remain on the waiting game to understand what really Tag is dealing with. If he continues eating well, they may move him out of NICU and into another section of the hospital where Joann and I can be with him in a more private setting.
Joann and I are exhausted, but we gotta dig down and stay positive. I've been doing a little internet research but haven't found anything worth posting here. Thanks to everyone for keep us in your prayers. Please keep us in your thoughts and send the healthy vibes our way!
Thanks for the update. I have been anxiously awaiting news. Sounds like Tag will have the very best medical science has to offer. I wish things were different, but it will so much more exciting when you have all this behind you and can just enjoy this beautiful little son.
ReplyDeleteMitch-thanks for the update. The entire StarPower team is thinking about you and sending our energy. We have mentioned Tag each morning in our huddle. Our thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI check often for updates. We are all glad he has the very best medical care. Love you all. Love little Tag.
ReplyDeleteMitch and Joann,
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts, love and prayers are with you and little Tag. We are so grateful you have the best medical care there is... If you ever need anything let us know. I know we live in Idaho but there is nothing we wouldn't do for your family. With all our love, Stacy and Jeff