Saturday, November 13, 2010

Adventures Continue

It's been a beautiful fall in Utah and it seems all we have wanted to do is be outside.  Tag is getting more fun to be around each day, as his interactive skills and unique personality has really started to blossom.  So much so, that I find myself turning on the video camera more than the camera these days, making it challenging to find photos for this Blog.

While Joann and I have dreamed of our own home again, we have enjoyed our time in Woodland Hills.  Tag absolutely adores his Momsie and Papaw (Marina and Charles, his grandparents), as have we.  We have made some good friends in the neighborhood and despite the arduous drive it is to get to Salt Lake, it is really a nice place down here.

Tag is getting super close to walking.  His favorite things to do are:
  1. Ascend and descend the stairs.  Minus a few falls, he has this mastered.
  2. Push a five gallon bucket across the wood floors.  He is happy doing this as long as I will follow him around and get him unstuck from rugs, walls, and anything else that stops his movement.
  3. Look at pictures of animals.  Especially when I make the sounds of the animals.  He will look up at me and laugh each time I make a sound.  His favorite sound is the sigh of a horse.
  4. Getting thrown into a pile of pillows.  I will countdown from 5 to "blastoff" and throw him (albeit gently) into a pile of pillows.  After catching his breath, he laughs and immediately turns onto his stomach and backs up towards me for another round.  I can already tell there's going to be hours and hours of fun pillow fights in our future and my nieces and nephews will attest that this is one of my favorite things to do with little kids.
  5. Throw a ball.  When he was only a few months old, he would kick the ball.  Now he's much more interested in picking it up and throwing it.  He does it more frequently and comfortably with his right hand, but when he uses his left he is stronger and gets more distance.  I'm still hoping he's a lefty.
  6. Electronics.  He loves to push buttons on anything expensive.  I'm not sure what it is about boys and electronics, but Tag is a lover of these "toys".
Here are a few recent photos of Tag's recent adventures:

Tag, checking out his new cousin, Baby Kaya Spence.

He was fascinated with baby Kaya.
Tag's first ride on a horse at Thanksgiving Pointe.  He LOVED it.

"Wait, Mom, I'm not so sure I'm ready for NO HANDS, yet!"
"Can anyone see this cow?  It's HUGE!"

James Spence teaches Tag the fine art of cow grabbing.

Tag cried when we left this goat. I think he could have spent the night touching it. 
Early morning stories with Momsie.

Momsie enjoys a little cheek for breakfast.
Story time with grandpa Howard.

"Grandpa, you can do a better horsey sound than THAT!"
James Brinton (whose Dad, Andy, was a collegiate wrestler) gets ready to show Tag "down dog".
"Wait, Tag, you don't wanna wrestle?  Okay I'll follow YOU!"
Tag gets his first marble.
"These look delicious!"




1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love that smiley kid! Hope you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete