Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, 2010

Well, we finally arrived back home after more than 2 weeks in St. George.  This morning I awoke to 5 inches of new snow and I had the pleasure of shoveling snow with Grandpa Charles, rather than going on a walk in 60 degree weather in Utah's Dixie.  Why did we come home again?

All of Joann's family came down for LDS General Conference and Easter Dinner.  Conference happens every 6 months and is one of the more important and sacred weekends of the year, as we are privileged to hear the Prophet and many of the Apostles and other church leaders speak. As always, this year's topics and speakers did not disappoint. If you have never listened to an LDS conference, you have really missed out. Without a doubt, the overriding message of this conference was how critical it is for Moms and Dads to teach their children about the Savior while they are young so that they can withstand the overwhelming immorality and negative influences being thrown at today's youth.

Tag's Aunt Liz caught this photo of me playing with Tag today.


Howard and Babs drove down for dinner and Dad commented how much bigger Tag was looking after not seeing him for 3 weeks.  My Dad seems to want to hold Tag more than the all the rest.  He really feels a special bond with him and it's very heartwarming to watch.  Upon first seeing him, Howard got up close to Tag's face and started talking to him in his low, booming voice.  Tag got scared and started crying hard.  After a brief reprieve, Grandpa went in for another try and all was well. Grandpa Howard just can't get enough and I'm pretty sure Tag feels the same way.

There's no doubt Tag's getting bigger as my arms get tired faster when I hold him and walk around.  He still is constantly wanting nursing and as long as he's not hungry, he's one of the most happy little guys you'll meet.  He is beginning to attempt to use his talking skills multiple times throughout the day, although right now they are loud coo's where he puckers his lips and breathes loudly in and out.  I have attempted to catch these on film as they are priceless.

I'm such a sappy Dad, thinking my boy is the cutest in the room and want to show him off wherever we go. I sometimes wonder after people leave if they say, "Sheez, that Mitch is such a showoff!"  Joann and I are growing tired of the "bump" though, mostly because as Tag grows it seems to be getting in his way and he has begun grabbing at it.  It makes me wonder if it itches.  However, if I had one, I'd be grabbing at it too.

We have a 4 month checkup with the pediatrician tomorrow and are scheduled to do another MRI next week.  Tag turns 4 months old tomorrow.  Joann and I feel pretty strongly that we should have the bump removed, but we remain watchful and prayerful as we want to do what's best for Tag.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment