Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bump Update - March 21, 2010


Every few weeks or so, Joann and I have been taking pictures of Tag's bump in an attempt to watch for changes.  I also wonder if the medical community would benefit from having these photos taken somewhere down the road since Tag's case is so unique.  Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to post them here on the blog as a permanent record.


From our perspective, the bump hasn't changed much while Tag is growing up around it, making it seem a little smaller.  Plus, we hardly notice it anyway, as all we see are Tag's smiles and funny faces.  In fact, I'm sometimes shocked when people first meet Tag and can't take their eyes off his bump, and I'm quickly reminded of how unique and foreboding his little tumor really is to the first time viewer.

We've been giving Tag some tummy time, trying to strengthen his neck and arms and just this week he has begun to arch his back up and he is pretty easily turning himself over to his back, only to look stunned as he flips over.  While on his back, his bump serves as a convenient 'sidecar' of sorts, like a motorcycle with a sidecar.  It makes it easy for him to rest the weight of his head upon.  I always tease him by saying to everyone that someday he'll have a "wrestler's neck" after learning to carry that extra weight around at such an early age.

The doctors said we could consider having surgery and removing the tumor after 3 months.  We've passed that now, and Joann and I have been prayerful as we consider what's best for this little guy.  We suppose we'll be meeting with the folks at Primary Children's soon to make some decisions.  Stay tuned. 


1 comment:

  1. Mitch, Joann and Tag,
    We pray for you every day and know that G-d's will is in all. He is such a beautiful being and gives me a brighter day to hear from you and see him. Be well and come visit!
    Love,
    Anna and Art

    ReplyDelete