Saturday, March 6, 2010

3 Month Birthday: Status Update


Tag hit his 3 month birthday yesterday.  He's getting bigger.  Joann had him weighed in at just over 10 pounds.  While he's little for his age, his talent for attracting friends is large.  I was working in Salt Lake on Wednesday and Joann called and said he had figured out how to laugh and was successful in displaying this new talent 3 times.  

Crap!  I'm gone one day and I miss one of the most important gifts given to a Brinton -- the ability to laugh.  I returned home on Thursday to attend a class with Joann and was holding Tag in my lap, with him looking up at me, hoping to see and hear his new laugh.  He gave me a BIG smile and did the funniest laughing attempt -- kind of sounded like a broken vacuum mixed with a cooing sound -- that it caused me to laugh out loud, interrupting the class.  But I didn't care.  It was the best laugh I'd had in months.



Joann called our oncologist at Primary Childrens, and Dr. Bruggers asked how Tag was doing.  After the report that he was growing and happy, Bruggers said that she would like us to do another MRI in April to check the "mass" and see if anything has changed.  From our view, the mass is about the same size, only he's getting bigger around it.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about Joann, as she isn't getting much sleep.  But I was lucky enough to convince this woman to marry me.  She's a born mother and continues to amaze and impress me with her patience, smile, support and happy attitude. Tag's the happiest little guy and really doesn't cry much.  I am told that this is very lucky so we will take it!

Happy 3rd month on the planet, little man.

3 comments:

  1. Tag has the most enviable hat collection! Probably almost as many as Joann's high heels...he he.

    Do the tummy game I showed you...he'll laugh for sure!

    ReplyDelete