Saturday, January 2, 2010

Joann's 1st Post

Joann Brinton writes:  Well, what an adventure we have been on- and judging from my two other boys it will continue to be a grand one!  Tag has already been such a joy and blessing our lives and I feel so blessed he has joined our family.  I haven't written so far as it seems I constantly have my hands full either holding cute little Tag or nursing him.  He doesn't like being put down, and after spending so much time in the hospital's warmer not being held,  how can I blame him?  Right now I am only too happy to oblige him with all he's been through.  He'll be spoiled - or "poiled" to quote my cousin Jennifer- for a while but not to worry...that won't go on forever.  I'm a firm believer in Love and Logic's method of raising kiddos after my years of teaching and mothering!  I'll be ordering their toddler cd's soon as I didn't know about it when Jordan and Michael were that young so that maybe I'll be smarter this time around- I'm sure the elder brothers will be happy to give constructive criticism and let me know how I'm doing.  But it is a little early to worry about discipline yet.  

I sure feel a difference in my energy level these days from when I had Michael fourteen years ago!  My hat goes off to all the moms out there who have other little ones they are taking care of while having a newborn.  I am so tired and have to laugh at my earlier prayers to have twins...good thing the Lord knows what we can and can't handle!  I feel accomplished on days I make the bed, get some laundry in, take a shower and put a little make-up on, etc. 

This was an especially productive day - we got out and visited one of my favorite people in the whole world, Mae Hacking.  She's been home bound the last few months and has been so anxious and excited to meet Tag:




I am grateful to have such a loving husband and dad in Mitch.  His allowing me some extra morning hours of sleep on occasion, making up fun songs, being mesmerized by Tag's coos and faces, loving blog posts, and overall enthusiasm have been so wonderful.  Tag- you are a lucky little guy to have a dad who has taken to you so quickly and takes such good care of your mom!  He's changing quite a few diapers and learning that you have to be watching both ends when doing so.  It was after he called out, "Hey! How did that water get on his face?"  that I got to explain it wasn't water.  Tag does have a powerful stream!  I have learned to keep a hand covering his privates while I wipe with the other after a couple of similar experiences.  Liz gave us some pee-pee tee-pee's to use, but they are pretty worthless with a squirming baby.  Mitch is learning to be patient with crying too, though that curve may take a while.  


Mitch holding Tag in between innings. Like his Dad, Tag plays first base and left field.




Tag's first visit to the mall. Smart boy, he slept through it.




We have been laying pretty low the past few weeks and it has been so nice.  I feel relieved at being home from the hospital and with Tag night and day.  This week's news was wonderful to receive as well.  We are all sleeping better with the news and holding out for this next week to confirm the diagnosis.  Thanks to all who are praying on Tag's behalf. We have sure felt your love, prayers and the Lord's peace sustaining us.  I know there is power in prayer and this experience has just strengthened that knowledge.  

7 comments:

  1. I just keep thinking what a beautiful blessing Tag has been in your lives and the lives of so many others! What an insight on 'hardships' he has given me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing to both of you!! Love the blog!!

    See you Tuesday at Vickie's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow this blog like I do Facebook! Ha! Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't spoil a baby, as far as I'm concerned :) Lots of nursing, cuddling, and holding is just what any little baby should have. I'm so glad you're home taking it easy with sweet Tag. Enjoy the babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joann-so glad to hear that you are all doing great. Spoil Tag as much as you can! I love spoiling Arlee. Take care.

    Chelsey Hoge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joann, he is beautiful. I'm so glad things are looking up for your little family. Our prayers are with you. I can't wait to meet Tag! Love you, Coleen Toone

    ReplyDelete