Tag,
Your Grandpa Howard hasn't been feeling well. His cancer is spreading and he is also struggling with pneumonia and bronchitis. In true Howard form, he left me a message the other day, saying, "Other than those things, I'm on top of the world!"
Anyway, his wife Babs took him back up to Huntsman Cancer Inst. last night because he was short of breath. They have put him on oxygen and did a scan this morning to see if he has a blood clot blocking his breathing. This brings me to the point of this post. Dad called me this morning and did his best "be positive" attempt to give me an update as to how he was feeling. He sounded tired and frankly a little scared. He commented that he wasn't sure how he was going to be able to go golfing with me with this oxygen tank and I joked and told him we'd strap it to his back and find a way.
He's been wanting to road trip out to California in a few weeks to watch your cousins Tennie, Adele, and Ceci perform in a play, and he commented that we'll have to play it by ear and see how he's feeling. Then, he paused and said, "I want you to lean down and kiss the Tagman on the cheek for me and tell him that was from his grandpa."
This really touched me and I cried as I hung up the phone. I can't wait for you to wake up from your nap so I can deliver on this request. I want you to know how much your Grandpa loves you, son. Every time he sees you his countenance changes and he can't seem to get enough of you. It's important you know this.
Hopefully, Grandpa will be out of the hospital soon, and we'll have lots of time to play with him. In the meantime, we all pray for his comfort and safety and that the loving arms of the Savior will wrap around Grandpa as he goes through this trial.

Dang it...This is such a terrible trial but keep your sense of humor it helped us so much..Love to you and family and tell Howard and Babs I love them too.
ReplyDelete