Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stitches and Swimming

This morning, Joann cut out what we hope and pray are the last remaining stitches Tag will ever have where the tumor once was.  I held his head while she gingerly pulled at the knots and cut the twine.

Umm, excuse me, but what are you guys doing?
Can I get a real doctor, please?
Tag wasn't too happy about it, but for me it felt like a graduation ceremony of sorts.  A big moment taking us from what was to what will be.  Yeah, yeah, I know that sounds overly dramatic, but considering the emotions, worry, prayers, and hopes we have invested over the last 9 months it seems reasonable to feel this way.

Tag celebrated by having his first swim lesson today.  At 9 months old!  I thought Joann was nuts to sign up a boy that young for swimming lessons, but she was confident he would do great.  I was proven wrong and the pictures below prove it.  Apparently, Tag cried at first, but after some patient prodding from his baby swim coach, he went under water without drowning!  I really wish I could have been there in person to witness this feat, but like me, you'll have to see the pictures to believe it.

I don't WANT to go under!
Tag, face down in the pool.  Amazing!
Tonight was a nice evening and I wanted to take Tag and Jo out for a little ride on the 4-wheeler, despite Tag's cough he is nursing.  We were sitting downstairs and Tag was tired and starting to fuss, so I said, "Tag you wanna go for a 4-wheeler ride?" -- to which his mood immediately changed and started to laugh.  Joann couldn't argue.  We threw on our shoes and off we went.

Come on Dad, no pictures!  Hit the gas, man!
Woohoo!
Turn right, Dad!
Tag is singing out loud here, as we cruise at 18 MPH.
Vroooom, vroooom!
Gorgeous, biker babe.
A few leaves are starting to show some color.  Is summer really over?

3 comments:

  1. Way to swim, Tag! Way to go nurse mom! Way to go fun dad! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you three are doing just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in such amazement at the courage, faith, and humor y'all have found during this experience. It helps me endure my own daily fears of the experiences that our Father in Heaven wants my family and I to have. I've followed y'all on this blog and I just couldn't be quite any longer.
    I had to tell y'all what an inspiration you've become in my life with out even knowing it. Thank you for your strong faith and willingness to take us all on this journey!
    Sending much love, prayers, and good thoughts your way.
    Love always, Tammy Schaedler Townsend

    ReplyDelete