I'm sorry it has been a week since giving an update. Many have called to see how Tag's doing. The first of the week was a blur as Joann and I slept in and tried our best to get back to normal after little sleep and much drama. It has been so good to just be home and see Tag smiling and playing.
Tag really is doing better than fine. We all comment each day how lucky we are to get to share his smiles and funny sounds. His windmill wound doesn't bother him a bit. In fact, I haven't seen him touch it or grab at it even once. He rolls to that side of his head as if the bump was never there and he seems more willing to have some tummy time, now that his head is easier to lift up. From my viewpoint this is a gift and Joann and I are just so happy to still have our son.
On Wednesday morning Tag was wide awake at 6:30 AM, and Joann wanted to sleep, so I decided to break out the walking stroller and take him for a walk. It was quite chilly (about 45 degrees) up on the mountain where we live, so I had to bundle Tag up to keep him warm. We walked the hills where we live for 45 minutes and he didn't make a sound. I stopped a few times to see if he was asleep, but when I walked around to the front of the stroller to check on him he just looked quietly at me with a tentative "I think I like this adventure" look on his face, then upon seeing me would give me a little smile. It was so classic.
As my first Father's Day approaches tomorrow, I am so excited for this honor. I've waited a long, long time to be a father and I hope Tag will always know how much I love him. His constant smile and courage truly inspire me and if he ever reads this someday I want him to know how proud I am to be his father. Good to have you home, son.
I read Joann's post on facebook asking for prayers before the surgery and I came to the blog and ended up spending an hour or so catching up on the last few months. What an amazing little child Tag is. He does seem to have an angelic disposition. And he is SO cute. That picture of him with his little head wrapped wearing his baby hospital gown was beyond precious! He is such a trooper. I am so happy for you guys, to have this behind you, and less worry now so you can focus on just being a family and enjoying Tag. What a journey. I'm so happy for y'all. Thanks for all the blog updates, Mitch. You express yourself well and have a great sense of humor! Have a wonderful summer with that darling boy and Happy late Father's Day.
ReplyDeleteAshley Serafin